Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An Interesting fast

Having a harddrive crash, I lost (for the moment) some things I wrote for the blog.

This is one of the first fasts I've been on where I'm not pouring down juice. Today is day 12, and for the first 8 days, I drank only a little more than 1/2 gallon of orange juice -- in total -- and mouth squeezed the juice from some organic oranges tangerines, and had a little honey (bought from Exotic Superfoods, from a beekeeper upstate who gives the bees their honey, rather than sugar syrup). The past few days, I've been having about a quart of tangerine juice, on Guidance. The intense colour is so wonderful, like liquid gold.

Note on the Juice: The tangerine is from Whole Foods, and the orange from Fairway. Neither type is organic. When I've finished the juice I bought, the Guidance is to handsqueeze from organic oranges since I'm not drinking that much anyway. Our friend Marco bought Me a fresh-squeezed organic o.j. at Exotic Superfoods last Saturday, the 29th, and it was so good. He had a smoothie with green power stuff and durian! I wasn't tempted at all by the durian, although I liked the smell. And later, making Sarah and Marco durian lasagna, opening this giant durian, there was no temptation at all. Just inhaling the durian fragrance was satisfying.

I feel quite good, and peaceful. Tired sometimes, full of energy other times. Yesterday, I added a little tomato juice with infused garlic and jalapeño, since I was craving hot spicy fasting juice (which I fasted on for over a year). The fasting juice has carrot juice in it, and I am feeling to become fruitarian after fasting, so I will have to listen for Guidance to see what is appropriate right now, as the direction was orange juice.

The Peace is quite remarkable in the face of day-to-day experience, which is often challenging. (understatement)

This is what I love so about fasting: the feeling of the Presence of Love constantly present.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Hi Sun~rose, I've tried so many times to leave a comment without success...I hope this one is okay!

Love you....Pauline

Sun~Rose said...

It is Pauline! So comment away, please.

Love,
Sun~Rose

Jimmy Braskett said...

Hi Sun~Rose,
I have been answering your emails this evening but they are coming back to me and telling me your mailbox is full.
Just wanted to let you know. So glad you are resonating with some of my thoughts during the interview.
Jimmy